Monday, January 24, 2011

Chewy??

I'm starting to see fur everywhere in NYC! I thought that maybe there was a wookie convention that no one told me about but sadly that was not the case.




I'm not talking about elderly women on their way to the theater in their mink coats from 1919. Is it just me or have young hot women in their early 20s started to wear a lot of fur? I work at a hotel and many beautiful women come from all over to shop and so many of them are wearing fur coats, fur hats, fur earmuffs, fur onesies. I'm scared.



Brand me with an H because yes your Annie is being a bit of a hypocrite. I have an extensive collection of leather (vintage) cowboy boots and I have been known to eat the occasional animal, but I eat free range! You know the animals who watch TV and surf the web all day before having their heads cut off in one painless motion.



It's just that I think that fur should be left to those in subzero temperatures and wookies.

1 comment:

  1. At one time while I lived in Manhattan there were the famous ubiquitous Purple People. They were a fifty something couple, gal and fella. They rode around on cheap purple bicycles. They wore all tie-dyed purple clothes, hats, shoes, jewelry. Hard to believe but they were literally everywhere at all hours, hence ubiquitous. They were on a mission. They may have done a lot of other things I never heard about. I only know about this. If you were wearing no animal byproducts whatever not even a leather watchband and they noticed, they would ride up, introduce themselves and give you a purple card. I never found out what it said, possibly because of my leopard-skin pill-box hat. True story, except the part about my hat.

    ReplyDelete